STAUFFER CHEMICAL COMPANY
TARPON SPRINGS, FLORIDA
Based on the information reviewed, ATSDR concludes the following:
- Surface soil samples from the Gulf View Elementary School did not contain
chemical or radionuclide contaminants at levels that would pose a public health
- Surface soil samples from the Stauffer Chemical site contained elevated concentrations of arsenic and radionuclide contaminants. These contaminant levels do not pose an imminent and substantial endangerment to human health. However, long-term exposures to the contamination could pose a public health hazard.
- Continue to restrict access to on-site contamination until appropriate remedial actions have been implemented.
- Maxwell J. Kimpson, EPA Remedial Project Manager; memorandum
to Carl Blair, ATSDR; January 7, 1994.
- Roy F. Weston, Inc.; Final Site Remedial Investigation
Report - Stauffer Management Company, Tarpon Springs, Florida; December 1993.
- 40 Code of Federal Regulations; Part 192; Health and Environmental Protection Standards for Uranium and Thorium Mill Tailings (7-1-92).