Technical Document Review: Streamlined Remedial Investigation
NOCATEE HULL CREOSOTE
NOCATEE, DE SOTO COUNTY, FLORIDA
EPA FACILITY ID: FLD980709398
September 30, 2002
Florida Department of Health
Bureau of Environmental Epidemiology
Under a Cooperative Agreement with the
Agency for Toxic Substances and Disease Registry
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Attachment A: Memorandum from the Florida Department of Environmental Protection that details the discovery of creosote on both sides of the culvert underneath Hull Avenue, and Map from Black and Veatch 1998 showing location of the culvert under Hull Avenue
- Attachment B: Figure 6-4 from the Streamlined Remedial Investigation and the Gannett Fleming map showing the area that was fenced off (in figure 6-4 of the SRI)
- Attachment C: Map from Black and Veatch, June 1998. The Florida Department of Health added the TEFs for PAHs with values exceeding the screening value for benzo[a]pyrene 0.1 mg/kg or ppm.
- Attachment D: Scanned image of a 1943 aerial photo containing features identified in 1998 by the U.S. Geological Survey, and included in the SRI. The Florida Department of Health used ArcView© (computer program Version 3.2, Redlands CA, ESRI, 2001) in a geographical information system to overlay this image with features identified in the SRI (the pipes and sump) and by Black and Veatch (the culvert under Hull Avenue).
- Attachment E: The following attachment shows the area that is currently fenced off as a forested flood plain. It is in the same location and is the same shape as the cleared area in the 1943 aerial photos shown in the old aerial photographs.
- Attachment F: The following attachment is a letter from the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency stating that the more stringent screening values should be used at this site.