SUPPLEMENTAL HEALTH CONSULTATION
ECONOMY PRODUCTS COMPANY SITE
SHENANDOAH, PAGE COUNTY, IOWA
Based on the information reviewed subsequent to the completion of the Economy Products Company Health Consultation (April 7, 1998), no apparent public health hazard exists. IDPH is in agreement with EPA's remedial approach. The EPA risk-based chemical specific RALs calculated for contaminants at this site. are considered protective of human health for residential and industrial settings.
- Implement remedial actions in pesticide contaminated areas using chemical specific risk-based removal action levels to ensure protection of public health
- Inform removal/remedial workers of the level of contamination to ensure that proper personal protective equipment is used.
- Ecology and Environment, Inc., (Draft Report) Engineering Evaluation/Cost Analysis: Economy Products Site, Shenandoah, Iowa. April 1998.
- Ecology and Environment, Inc., Site Assessment: Economy Products, Shenandoah, Iowa. April 22, 1994.
- EPA Risk Assessment Report: Economy Products site, Shenandoah, Iowa. February 26, 1997.
Health Assessment Team
Toxic Substances Evaluation Program
Division of Health Protection,
Iowa Department of Public Health
ATSDR Regional Representative
Office of Regional Operations, Region VII Office of the Assistant Administrator, ATSDR
ATSDR Technical Project Officer
Division of Health Assessment and Consultation Superfund Site Assessment Branch
The Economy Products Company Site Health Consultation was prepared by the Iowa Department of Public Health, Toxic Substances Evaluation Program, under a cooperative agreement with the Agency for Toxic Substances and Disease Registry (ATSDR). It is in accordance with approved methodology and procedures existing at the time the health consultation was begun.
The Division of Health Assessment and Consultation, ATSDR, has reviewed this health consultation, and concurs with its findings.