PETITIONED HEALTH CONSULTATION
NORTH KINGSTOWN, WASHINGTON COUNTY, RHODE ISLAND
- Based on a review of the off-site soil sampling results, residential soil
exposure is Not A Public Health Hazard in the past, present, and future.
Continue restriction of trespassing on Dry Bridge Road Landfill property.
The actions described in this section are designed to ensure that this public health consultation identifies public health hazards and provides a plan of action to mitigate and prevent adverse health effects resulting from exposure to hazardous substances in the environment.
1. The Rhode Island Department of Environmental Management has collected and analyzed five (5) soil samples obtained from the nearest residence to the Dry Bridge Road Landfill.
No further actions recommended.
ATSDR held a public comment period September 21 to November 8, 1998 to address further questions regarding the Dry Bridge Road Landfill Soil Evaluation Health Consultation. No public comments were received by ATSDR during this time period.
- Letter from U.S. Representative Kenneth Carter to
Robert C. Williams, ATSDR. February 11, 1997.
- GHR Engineering Associates, Inc. 1987. Draft Hydrogeological
Assessment of a Construction and Demolition Debris Landfill in North Kingstown,
Rhode Island. GHR Engineering Associates, Inc., 75 Tarkin Hill Road, New
- Heath, D.L. 1990. Occurrence, Movement and Quality
of Groundwater at the Hometown Properties, Inc. Landfill and Vicinity,
North Kingstown, Rhode Island. U.S. Environmental Protection Agency.
- SAIC Engineering, Inc. 1997. Construction and
Demolition Debris Landfill Operating Plan for Hometown Properties, Inc.
SAIC Engineering, Inc. 101 East Grove Street, Middlesboro, Massachusetts.
- ESS Laboratory. March 1998. Soil Sampling Results
from Residential Area Abutting the Dry Bridge Road Landfill. 185
Frances Avenue, Cranston, RI 02910-2211
- For a complete description of ATSDR's health screening
values, refer to Appendix A
- U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, Region III.
1997. Risk-Based Comparison Table. Philadelphia, PA 19107
- Rhode Island Department of Health. February 1992.
Rules and Regulations for Lead Poisoning Prevention. Environmental
Lead Program. pp. 8-11.
- ATSDR. 1993. Public Health Assessment Guidance Manual. Lewis Publishers. Boca Raton, FL.