COPPER BASIN MINING DISTRICT, OPERABLE UNIT
COPPERHILL, POLK COUNTY, TENNESSEE
- Contaminant concentrations in waste materials, surface soil, and sediment
could pose a public
health hazard if contaminated areas were developed for residential use.
- Some waste piles contained concentrations of lead that could pose a health
hazard to workers who have frequent contact with the material.
- Restrict access to areas where there are physical hazards or where high
concentrations of metals were detected in mining wastes, surface soils, and
- Potable water wells in the area should be tested to determine if they have been impacted by site-related contaminants.
- PRC Environmental Management, Inc.; Draft Data Summary Tables
and AutoCad Maps - Copper Basin Mining District Site; November 12, 1997.
- R. Gosselin et al; Clinical Toxicology of Commercial Products; 5th edition; Williams and Wilkins, Baltimore.