BAY CITY AIRPORT
BAY CITY, BAY COUNTY, MICHIGAN
Based on the available information, the Bay City Airport property would not pose any healthhazard from contact with the soil under the proposed future use as a boat launching ramp. Theshallow groundwater at the property contains metals at concentrations above the MDEQ/U.S. EPA drinking water standards.
Do not use groundwater from the property for drinking fountains, lavatories, or other uses whenthe property is developed as a boat launching area.
New environmental data or information concerning the future use of this property may requireadditional health consultations.
If any citizen has additional information or health concerns regarding the Bay City Airportproperty, please contact the Michigan Department of Community Health, EnvironmentalEpidemiology Division, at 1-800-648-6942.
- Michigan Department of Environmental Quality. Brownfields Redevelopment AssessmentWork Plan for Bay City Airport Property, Bay City, Michigan. March 27, 1997.
- Michigan Department of Environmental Quality. Unpublished laboratory data. August12, 1997.
- Howard, A.J., MDNR ERD. Memorandum to ERD staff, subject: EnvironmentalResponse Division Operational Memorandum #14 Revision 2: Remedial Action PlansUsing Generic Industrial or Generic Commercial Cleanup Criteria or Other Requirements. June 6, 1995.
- Howard, A.J., MDNR ERD. Memorandum to ERD staff, Subject: InterimEnvironmental Response Division Operational Memorandum #8, Revision 4: GenericResidential Cleanup Criteria. June 5, 1995.
- Michigan Department of Natural Resources, Surface Water Quality Division. Unpublished data. April 6, 1990.
- Michigan Department of Natural Resources, Surface Water Quality Division. MichiganFish Contaminant Monitoring Program, 1988 Annual Report. December 1988.
- Michigan Department of Natural Resources, Surface Water Quality Division. MichiganFish Contaminant Monitoring Program, 1994 Annual Report. December 1994.
- Michigan Department of Public Health. Public Health Fish Consumption Advisory. inMichigan Department of Natural Resources, 1997 Michigan Fishing Guide. January 1997.
- Howard, A.J., MDEQ ERD. Draft Memorandum to ERD staff, Subject: Interim GenericUtility Worker Contact Criteria: Addendum to Interim Operational Memoranda #8,Revision 4 (June 5, 1995) and #14, Revision 2 (June 6, 1995). April 12, 1996.