HONNEGER'S GRAIN ELEVATOR (PROPERTY)
MT. PLEASANT, ISABELLA COUNTY, MICHIGAN
Based on the available data and information, the Honneger's Grain Elevator property would pose
no apparent public health hazard if it is redeveloped for commercial or industrial uses. There are
some physical hazards on the property mainly arising from the lack of maintenance since the property was abandoned.
Redevelopment of the property should eliminate the physical hazards present on the property.
New environmental data or information concerning the future use of this property may require future health consultations.
If any citizen has additional information or health concerns regarding the Honneger's Grain
Elevator property, please contact the Michigan Department of Community Health, Environmental Epidemiology Division, at 1-800-648-6942.
- Michigan Department of Environmental Quality. Brownfields Redevelopment Work Plan for Honniger Elevator, Mt. Pleasant, Michigan. April 11, 1997.
- Sandell, S., MDNR. Memorandum to S. Skory, MDNR, Subject: Bader Building Site Reclamation Application. November 2, 1992.
- Michigan Department of Environmental Quality. Unpublished laboratory data. August 5, 1997.
- Howard, A.J., MDNR ERD. Memorandum to ERD staff, subject: Environmental Response Division Operational Memorandum #14 Revision 2: Remedial Action Plans Using Generic Industrial or Generic Commercial Cleanup Criteria or Other Requirements. June 6, 1995.
- Howard, A.J., MDNR ERD. Memorandum to ERD staff, Subject: Interim Environmental Response Division Operational Memorandum #8, Revision 4: Generic Residential Cleanup Criteria. June 5, 1995.
- Agency for Toxic Substances and Disease Registry. Toxicological Profile for Lead, Update. ATSDR/TP-92/12. April 1993.
- Agency for Toxic Substances and Disease Registry. Toxicological Profile for Polycyclic Aromatic Hydrocarbons, Update. August 1995.
- Agency for Toxic Substances and Disease Registry. Toxicological Profile for Arsenic, Update. ATSDR/TP-92/02. April 1993.
- Michigan Department of Natural Resources, Waste Management Division. Michigan Background Soil Survey. Revised April 1991.
- Howard, A.J., MDEQ ERD. Draft Memorandum to ERD staff, Subject: Interim Generic Utility Worker Contact Criteria: Addendum to Interim Operational Memoranda #8, Revision 4 (June 5, 1995) and #14, Revision 2 (June 6, 1995). April 12, 1996.