LEFFINGWELL ROAD PIPELINE SPILL
BERLIN TOWNSHIP, MAHONING COUNTY, OHIO
( Number 1 )
No additional sediment samples from the intermittent stream north of Leffingwell
Road are recommended at this time.
ODH will evaluate any additional environmental monitoring data relative to the intermittent stream if they become available.
Ohio Department of Health
Bureau of Environmental Health & Toxicology
- AGENCY FOR TOXIC SUBSTANCES AND DISEASE REGISTRY (ATSDR).
1995. Toxicological Profile for Polycyclic Aromatic Hydrocarbons. U. S. Department
of Health and Human Services, 273 p.
- JEN-TECH ENVIRONMENTAL. 1997. Environmental Site Assessment
for the Intermittent Stream and Residential House located at 17467 Leffingwell
Road, Berlin, Ohio. 8 p plus attachments.
- NORTHEAST DISTRICT OFFICE, OHIO EPA. 1997a. Environmental
sampling data collected in the Fall, 1996 investigation of the Leffingwell
Road Pipeline Spill. Various packets of analytical sampling data.
- NORTHEAST DISTRICT OFFICE, OHIO EPA. 1997b. Environmental
sampling data from the 11/14/97 sampling of sediments in the Leffingwell tributary
(Quanterra Environmental). Analytical sampling results and cover letter.
- OHIO DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH (ODH). 1997. Health Consultation
for the Leffingwell Road Pipeline Spill, Berlin Township, Mahoning County,
Ohio. April 10, 1997. 9 p.
- U.S. ARMY CORPS OF ENGINEERS. 1997. Investigation of Oil
Pipeline Leak at Berlin Lake. 4 p.
- U. S. ENVIRONMENTAL PROTECTION AGENCY. 1997a. Sampling Activities
at the East Ohio Gas site at Leffingwell Road, Berlin Township, Ohio (Ecology
& Environment). August 6, 1997. 4 p plus attachments.
- U. S. ENVIRONMENTAL PROTECTION AGENCY. 1997b. Sampling Activities at the East Ohio Gas site at Leffingwell Road, Berlin Township, Ohio (Ecology & Environment). September 18, 1997. 2 p plus attachments.
This Leffingwell Road Pipeline Spill Site Health Consultation was prepared by the Ohio Department of Health under Cooperative Agreement with the Agency for Toxic Substances and Disease Registry (ATSDR). It is in accordance with approved methodology and procedures existing at the time the health consultation was initiated
Gail D. Godfrey,
Technical Project Officer, SPS, SSAB, DHAC
The Division of Health Assessment and Consultation (DHAC), ATSDR, has reviewed this health consultation and concurs with its findings.William Greim,
Chief, SPS, SSAB, DHAC