PETITIONED HEALTH CONSULTATION
VALLEY VILLAGE (a/k/a SOUTHWEST JEFFERSON COUNTY)
LOUISVILLE, JEFFERSON COUNTY, KENTUCKY
A review of the health outcome data suggests that the cancer incidence rate for the Valley Village area, as defined by zip code 40272, does not differ from the incidence rate for the SWHPA, Jefferson County, Kentucky, or SEER population. Similarly, the data suggest that the cancer mortality rate for the 40272 zip code area does not differ from the mortality rate in the SWHPA, Jefferson County, or Kentucky.
ATSDR has no recommendation for this site. However, if adverse environmental conditions reoccur in the Valley Village area, ATSDR will provide assistance to the county and local communities.
- Louisville and Jefferson County Health Department. Letter from Clark Bledsoe, Acting Director, Louisville and Jefferson County Health Department to Barry L. Johnson, Ph.D., Assistant Administrator, ATSDR. August 24, 1992.
- Jefferson County Environmental and Community Development Department. Letter from Robert T. Offutt, Director, Air Pollution Control District, Jefferson County Environmental and Community Development Department. July 24, 1992.
- ATSDR. Memorandum from Petitioned Health Assessment Coordinator to Robert C. Williams. Re: Recommendation of Petition Screening Committee Meeting. April 21, 1994.
- Jefferson County Air Pollution Control District. Air Pollution Control District of Jefferson County, Louisville, KY. 1992 Air Quality Annual Report: The Year in Review.
- Jefferson County Air Pollution Control District. Letter from Arthur Chang, Technical Services Supervisor, Department of Planning and Environmental Management, Jefferson County, Kentucky to Mr. Carl Blair, ATSDR transmitting monthly printouts of 1993 air monitoring data from the Watson air monitoring site. February 8, 1994.
- USEPA. EPA Office of Air Quality Planning and Air Standards. AIRSWeb Site. http://mountain.epa.gov:6703/airwdcd/. Jefferson County, Kentucky Air Quality Monitors. May 29, 1998.
- Jefferson County Department of Planning and Environmental Management. Letter from Clark Bledsoe, Assistant Director, Jefferson County Department of Planning and Environmental Management, Jefferson County, Kentucky to Bob Safay, ATSDR Regional Representative. June 12, 1998
- ATSDR. Personal Communication. March 11, 1998.
- Louisville and Jefferson County Board of Health. Report entitled "Cancer Mortality and Incidence in Jefferson County, Kentucky." Health Status Assessment / Strategic Planning Committee, Louisville and Jefferson County Board of Health. September 1997.
- Kentucky Cancer Registry. A Kentucky Cancer Registry Report of 1991 Cancer Incidence for Jefferson County. January 3, 1993.
- National Center for Health Statistics. Quarterly Fact Sheet: Monitoring Health Care in America. June 1996.