GROUNDWATER WELLS EAST MOUNT HOUSTON
HOUSTON, HARRIS COUNTY, TEXAS
- Barium and manganese were detected at concentrations above their respective public drinking water standards, however, they pose no apparent public health hazard, i.e., they were not detected at levels that would be likely to result in adverse health effects.
- We were not able to find any associations in the literature between barium or manganese exposure and the development of depression, OCD, or seizures
- None at this time
- Agency for Toxic Substances and Disease Registry. Toxicological profile for barium. July, 1992.
- Agency for Toxic Substances and Disease Registry. Toxicological profile for manganese. September, 1997.
- Environmental Protection Agency. Integrated Risk Information System. Produced by Micromedex, Inc. Vol 35.
- Patty’s Industrial Hygiene and Toxicology. 4th edition. Vol II, Part C. Edited by G.D. Clayton and F.E. Clayton. 1994.