LAKE MEAD NATIONAL RECREATIONAL AREA
OVERTON, CLARK COUNTY, NEVADA
CONCLUSIONS AND RECOMMENDATIONS
- Confirmatory sampling data indicated that concentrations of DDE, endrin,
and PCBs in fish were comparable to or less than those previously reported.
- Based on the new analytical data, the health hazard associated with
eating fish from Las Vegas Bay would be less than or comparable to those previously
- The reported concentrations of organochlorine pesticide and PCB residues
in channel catfish and striped bass from Las Vegas Bay do not pose a public
health hazard for sport fishermen.
Kenneth G. Orloff, Ph.D., DABT
- Agency for Toxic Substances and Disease Registry; Health
Consultation: Lake Mead National Recreational Area; May 18, 1998.
- Agency for Toxic Substances and Disease Registry; Health Consultation: Lake Mead National Recreational Area; June 10, 1998.