- Agency for Toxic Substances and Disease Registry (1997). "Toxicological Profile for Trichloroethylene." U.S. Department of Health & Human Services, Public Health Service. Atlanta.
- Amdur MO, D. J., Klaassen CD, editors. (1991). "Casarett and Doull's Toxicology: the basic science of poisons." 4th ed. New York: Pergamon Press;.
- Anonymous (1993). "Obtaining an exposure history. Agency for Toxic Substances and Disease Registry. United States department of Health and Human Services, Public Health Service, Atlanta, Georgia." American Family Physician 48 (3): 483-91.
- Becker, C. E. (1982). "Key elements of the occupational history for the general physician." Western Journal of Medicine 137 (6): 581-2.
- Bresnitz, E. A., K. M. Rest, et al. (1985). "Clinical industrial toxicology. An approach to information retrieval.[erratum appears in Ann Intern Med 1986 Feb;104 (2):290]." Annals of Internal Medicine 103 (6 ( Pt 1)): 967-72.
- Dhala, A., K. Pinsker, et al. (2006). "Respiratory health consequences of environmental tobacco smoke." Clinics in Occupational & Environmental Medicine 5 (1): 139-56.
- Frank AL (2000). "Occupational and Environmental Medicine: Approach to the patient with an occupational or nvironmental illness." Primary Care; Clinics in Office Practice 27 (4).
- Goldman, R. H. and J. M. Peters (1981). "The occupational and environmental health history." JAMA 246 (24): 2831-6.
- Kilpatrick, N., H. Frumkin, et al. (2002). "The environmental history in pediatric practice: a study of pediatricians' attitudes, beliefs, and practices." Environmental Health Perspectives 110 (8): 823-7.
- Levy BS and Wegman DH, e. (2000). "Occupational health: Recognizing and preventing work-related disease and injury." 6th ed. Philadelphia: Lippincott, Williams and Wilkins, Brown & Company.
- Marshall, L., E. Weir, et al. (2002). "Identifying and managing adverse environmental health effects: 1. Taking an exposure history.[see comment]." CMAJ Canadian Medical Association Journal 166 (8): 1049-55.
- McCurdy, S. A., L. A. Morrin, et al. (1998). "Occupational history collection by third-year medical students during internal medicine and surgery inpatient clerkships.[see comment]." Journal of Occupational & Environmental Medicine 40 (8): 680-4.
- Merritt, E. F. (1999). "Human health and the environment: are physician educators lagging behind?" JAMA 281 (17): 1661.
- Pope AM and Rall DP, e. (1995). "Environmental medince: Integrating a missing element into medical education." National Academy Press, Washington, D.C.
- Rom, W., editor. (1998). "Environmental and occupational medicine. ." 3rd ed. Boston: Lippincott-Raven Publishers, Philadelphia.
- Thompson, J. N., C. A. Brodkin, et al. (2000). "Use of a questionnaire to improve occupational and environmental history taking in primary care physicians." Journal of Occupational & Environmental Medicine 42 (12): 1188-94.
- Tomaszewski, C. (1999). "Carbon monoxide poisoning. Early awareness and intervention can save lives." Postgraduate Medicine 105 (1): 39-40.
- US Environmental Protection Agency (1985). "Health assessment document for trichloroethylene. Final Report.
- ." Washington: US Environmental Protection Agency. NTIS Report No. PB/85-249696.
- US Environmental Protection Agency (1986). "Pesticide Fact Book." A-107/86-003, US Environmental Protection Agency, Washington, D.C.
- US Environmental Protection Agency and US Consumer Product Safety Commission (1995). "The inside story: a guide to indoor air quality." Washington: US Environmental Protection Agency. Report No.: EPA 402-K-93-007. Available from url: http://www.epa.gov/iaq/pubs/insidest.html.
- Wigle D (2000). "Child health and the environment." Patient Care Canada 11: 54-62.