ATSDR Site Tool
What is the ATSDR Brownfield and Land Reuse Site Tool©?
This Tool is a rapid site screening and multiple chemical exposure dose calculating tool that allows users to assess sites by past/future use, institutional controls, sensitive populations, and suspected or confirmed contamination.
Why was the Brownfield and Land Reuse Site Tool© Developed?
A survey of local health departments indicated a need for a system to:
- Provide inventory of sites
- Store records for public inquiry of sites
- Respond to inquiries
- Catalogue institutional controls, health concerns, violations, spills, contaminants, and emergency response events related to the property.
- Provide a “How To” guide to conduct a site visit
- Evaluate exposures by defining exposed populations and sub-groups, multiple exposure pathways, user specific ingestion rates for population groups or use defaults
- Calculate doses using ranges of exposure parameters, 95% Upper Confidence Limits, geometric mean, and other statistical parameters.
- Test the data for Normal/Log Normal distributions. Import and process laboratory data (10,000 data points per minute throughput)
- Verify calibrations.
- Troubleshoot analytical problems.
- Set up quality-assurance or quality-control programs.
- Conduct research and development.
What entities are using the ATSDR BF/LR Site Tool©?
- Health Departments (from local to state level)
- Development Community
- Regulatory Agencies
- Environmental Health Professionals
- Agency for Toxic Substances and Disease Registry
4770 Buford Hwy NE
Atlanta, GA 30341
TTY: (888) 232-6348
- New Hours of Operation