ATSDR Site Tool
This Tool is a rapid site screening and multiple chemical exposure dose calculating tool that allows users to assess sites by past/future use, institutional controls, sensitive populations, and suspected or confirmed contamination.
- New! Download ATSDR Brownfield and Land Reuse Site Tool
[Access - 4.6 MB]
- New! Download Data conversion Tool (for use with the Site Tool)
[Microsoft Access mde file, 0.6 MB]
If prompted, please select "Save" or "Save as" to save the file to your computer or network drive. Then double-click the downloaded file to launch the tool.
Why was the Brownfield and Land Reuse Site Tool Developed?
A survey of local health departments indicated a need for a system to:
- Provide inventory of sites
- Store records for public inquiry of sites
- Respond to inquiries
- Catalogue institutional controls, health concerns, violations, spills, contaminants, and emergency response events related to the property.
- Provide a “How To” guide to conduct a site visit
- Evaluate exposures by defining exposed populations and sub-groups, multiple exposure pathways, user specific ingestion rates for population groups or use defaults
- Calculate doses using ranges of exposure parameters, 95% Upper Confidence Limits, geometric mean, and other statistical parameters.
- Test the data for Normal/Log Normal distributions. Import and process laboratory data (10,000 data points per minute throughput)
- Verify calibrations.
- Troubleshoot analytical problems.
- Set up quality-assurance or quality-control programs.
- Conduct research and development.
What entities are using the ATSDR BF/LR Site Tool©?
- Health Departments (from local to state level)
- Development Community
- Regulatory Agencies
- Environmental Health Professionals
For additional information
Contact Laurel Berman at (312) 886-7476, Leann Bing at (404) 747-4451 or Gary Perlman at (617) 918-1492, or e-mail us at email@example.com.
- Page last reviewed: May 20, 2014
- Page last updated: July 7, 2016
- Content source: