ATSDR Brownfields/Land Reuse Site Tool
This Tool is a rapid site screening and multiple chemical exposure dose estimating tool that allows users to assess sites by past/future use, institutional controls, sensitive populations, and suspected or confirmed contamination.
- New! Download ATSDR Brownfield and Land Reuse Site Tool
[Access - 4.6 MB]
- New! Download Data conversion Tool (for use with the Site Tool)
[Microsoft Access mde file, 0.6 MB]
If prompted, please select "Save" or "Save as" to save the file to your computer or network drive. Then double-click the downloaded file to launch the tool.
Why was the Brownfield and Land Reuse Site Tool Developed?
A survey of local health departments indicated a need for a system to:
- Provide inventory of sites
- Store records for public inquiry of sites
- Respond to inquiries
- Catalogue institutional controls, health concerns, violations, spills, contaminants, and emergency response events related to the property.
- Provide a "How To" guide to conduct a site visit
- Evaluate exposures by defining exposed populations and sub-groups, multiple exposure pathways, user specific ingestion rates for population groups or use defaults
- Estimate doses using ranges of exposure parameters, 95% Upper Confidence Limits, geometric mean, and other statistical parameters.
- Test the data for Normal/Log Normal distributions. Import and process laboratory data (10,000 data points per minute throughput)
- Verify calibrations.
- Troubleshoot analytical problems.
- Set up quality-assurance or quality-control programs.
Who should use the ATSDR Brownfields/Land Reuse Site Tool?
- Local Health Departments and those involved with Brownfields and Land Reuse sites may find it helpful. This tool is provided as a screening tool only to get a basic understanding of dose estimates to guide reuse planning for Brownfields Site. The results from this tool should not be used to evaluate communities that may be exposed to hazards waste or to make public health decisions about past and current exposures.
Who should not use the ATSDR Brownfields/Land Reuse Site Tool?
- While this tool can provide assistance with Brownfields Site reuse, it should not be used by ATSDR health assessors for evaluating site-specific data associated with exposures in a community. ATSDR Public Health Assessments and Health Consultations require a much more thorough approach to evaluating these exposures which goes beyond the capability of the Brownfield/Land Reuse Site Tool.
For additional information
Contact Laurel Berman at (312) 886-7476, Leann Bing at (404) 747-4451 or Gary Perlman at (617) 918-1492, or e-mail us at email@example.com.
- Page last reviewed: May 20, 2014
- Page last updated: September 12, 2016
- Content source: