Health Care Provider Resources
Welcome to the health care provider resources section. These are some resources that are useful to nurses, physicians and other health care providers who treat patients living near the Mirant Plant. This page also provides links to information about air pollution, asthma and pollutants.
- Comprehensive resource of Air Pollution, National Library of Medicine
Particulate matter webinars for medical and public health professionals
These free webinars from ATSDR and the American College of Medical Toxicology focus on particulate matter and its clinical impacts. They will be available for continuing education credits from CDC through February 2013.
- Mercury ToxFAQs
- Mercury Toxicological Profile
- Ozone and Your Patients' Health - Training for Health Care Providers, U.S. Environmental Protection Agency
- Sulfur Dioxide Toxicological Profile
- Update in Environmental and Occupational Medicine 2005, American Journal of Respiratory and Critical Care Medicine, Vol 173. pp. 948-952, (2006)