Oak Ridge Reservation: Communications & Outreach Work Group
Communications and Outreach Work Group
February 21, 2001 - Meeting Minutes
LaFreta Dalton (bridge line)
Jack Hanley (Oak Ridge)
The following items were discussed and actions taken are indicated in parentheses.
1. Program and Status of Work
(proposed program handed out, but not discussed due to time constraints)
- Web page resolution (approved after some discussion and modification)
- Community Input Form/Oak Ridge Fact Sheet (ATSDR will incorporate COWG's and Jack Hanley's comments, drafts will be emailed to COWG members for review prior to June meeting)
- Pre-meeting press release procedure (wording for procedure contained in item #3 of the Communications and Outreach Strategy was crafted and approved, document attached)
- Recommendations to ORRHES, including workshop recommendation
(approved with modifications, document attached)
2. Action Items:
- James Lewis and Al Brooks will determine how to use The Oak Ridger's community calendar, develop a procedure, and report back to the COWG Chair.
- ATSDR will further refine the Community Input Form and Oak Ridge Fact Sheet and send via email to COWG. Once comments on the revised documents are received, ATSDR will finalize them for presentation at the June meeting.
- Ed Frome will make changes to the Web Page Resolution and submit to Marilyn Palmer for inclusion in the ORRHES packet.
- Susan Kaplan will make changes to COWG Recommendations to ORRHES and the Communications and Outreach Strategy and submit them to Marilyn Palmer for inclusion in the ORRHES packet.
- Marilyn Palmer will ensure those members of COWG who
do not have email receive copies of all materials.