Health Education and Risk Communication Strategies
In less than 2 days, it is impossible for us to consider many other aspects of communication regarding MP exposure. However, we hope the above provides further fodder for agency thinking and action. The following are our key :
- Plan for proactive communication.
- Do not design materials without knowing audience concerns firsthand.
- Integrate planning for risk management and communication.
- Involve community organizations and affected individuals from the beginning.
- Planning needs to be targeted to three audiences: those identified as affected, those who are exposed but do not yet know it, and those who might expose themselves to contamination in the future.
- To accomplish the above will require research.
- The agencies will need to conduct follow-up forums and develop institutional coordination to plan communication.
- Consult communication specialists before implementing a communication strategy.
- Integrate communication efforts within the technical assessment of the risk management program.
- Pretest materials developed to the extent possible.
- Page last reviewed: June 20, 2014
- Page last updated: April 24, 1997
- Content source: