Module Three - Activity Lab
Divide the participants into small groups. Have them perform a mock risk assessment on an environmental issue or contaminant of concern to them. To keep the process simple, inform the participants that they are to perform this activity in the manner described below.
The four steps in the Risk Assessment process are:
- Hazard identification
- Dose response evaluation
- Exposure assessment
- Risk characterization
The Risk Assessment asks five basic questions, which the participants must answer:
- What is the hazard?
- Are the people really exposed to the hazard?
- If so, how long and how long will it take to determine the amount of exposure?
- Is there evidence to prove that exposure occurred or is occurring?
- Given the information collected, is there a risk of adverse health effects from an exposure?
- Page last reviewed: September 1, 2015
- Page last updated: September 16, 2009
- Content source: