Principles and Practices
- Atwater E. 1989. In E. Donovan and V. Covello. Risk Communication Student Manual. Chemical Manufacturers' Association, Washington, D.C.
- Barry McLoughlin Associates 1990. Communicate with Power: Encountering the Media, New York.
- Chess C, Hance BJ, Sandman PM 1988. Improving Dialogue with Communities: A Short Guide to Government Risk Communication. New Jersey Department of Environmental Protection.
- Covello V. 1983. The perception of technological risks. Technology Forecasting and Social Change: An International Journal 23:285-297 (June).
- Covello V. 1989. Issues and problems in using risk comparisons for communicating right-to-know information on chemical risks. Environmental Science and Technology, 23 (12):1444-1449.
- Covello V. 1992. Risk communication, trust, and credibility. Health and Environmental Digest 6(1):1-4 (April).
- Covello V. 1993. Risk communication, trust, and credibility. Journal of Occupational Medicine 35:18-19 (January).
- Covello V, Allen F. 1988. Seven Cardinal Rules of Risk Communication. US Environmental Protection Agency, Office of Policy Analysis, Washington, DC
- Covello V, McCallum D, Pavlova M. 1989. Effective Risk Communication: The Role and Responsibility of Government and Nongovernment Organizations. New York: Plenum Press.
- Donovan E, Covello V. 1989. Risk Communication Student Manual. Chemical Manufacturers' Association, Washington, DC
- Fischhoff B, Lichtenstein S, Slovic P, Keeney D. 1981. Acceptable Risk. Cambridge, Massachusetts: Cambridge University Press.
- Morrisey G, Sechrest T. 1987. Effective Business and Technical Presentation (Third Edition). New York: Addison-Wesley Publishing Co., Inc.