What Is a Toxicologic Evaluation or Health Effects Evaluation?
A toxicologic evaluation is based on the science of toxicology.
Toxicology is the study of the adverse effects of chemicals on living organisms.
A toxicologic evaluation is an evaluation of human exposure to a specific chemical to determine whether people will become ill from their exposure.
In the public health assessment process, a toxicologic evaluation includes reviewing information on
- how the chemical gets into the body
- what happens to the chemical after it gets into the body
- what effects are associated with the chemical and at what levels
- Page last reviewed: May 31, 2016
- Page last updated: May 31, 2016
- Content source: