Module Three - Test Your Knowledge Quiz
1. Which of the following is NOT a step in the Risk Assessment Process?
a. Hazard identification
b. Hazard evaluation or dose-response assessment
c. Exposure dose
d. Risk characterization
2. Epidemiology is the study of causative factors associated with the occurrence and number of cases of disease and illness in a specific population.
3. Exposure tells the toxicologist what dose causes a "response" usually illness or death, in the test animal.
4. What activities should be conducted during the hazard identification step of the risk assessment?
a. Identifying the substance name
b. Describing the physical/chemical properties of the toxic substances
c. Identifying the sources of toxicity information
d. Identifying the exposure pathway
e. All of the above
5. Prospective epidemiological studies gather information from the past.
6. The exposure assessment step in the risk assessment process identifies all EXCEPT which of the following?
a. Frequency of exposure
b. Type of chemical exposure
c. Length of time of exposure
d. Route of exposure
e. The amount of exposure
7. Susceptible populations that may be more at risk for illness than others includes the following EXCEPT:
a. Young children
b. Older adults
d. Women of Childbearing Age