How to Use This Course
Course: WB 2490
CE Original Date: November 28, 2014
CE Renewal Date: November 28, 2016
CE Expiration Date: November 28, 2018
Download Printer-Friendly Version pdf icon[PDF – 495 KB]
The goal of Case Studies in Environmental Medicine (CSEM) is to increase the primary care provider’s knowledge of hazardous substances in the environment and to help in evaluation and treating of potentially exposed patients. This CSEM focuses on environmental triggers of asthma.
Two versions of the Environmental Triggers of Asthma CSEM are available.
- The HTML version provides content through the Internet.
- The downloadable PDF version pdf icon[495 KB] provides content in an electronic, printable format making it especially useful for those who may lack adequate Internet service.
- The HTML version offers interactive exercises and prescriptive feedback to the user.
To most effectively use this course
- Take the Initial Check to assess your current knowledge about Environmental Triggers of Asthma.
- Read the title, learning objectives, text, and key points in each section.
- Complete the progress check exercises at the end of each section and check your answers.
- Complete and submit your assessment and posttest response online if you wish to obtain continuing education credit. Continuing education certificates can be printed immediately upon completion.
This course is designed to help you learn efficiently. Topics are clearly labeled so that you can skip sections or quickly scan sections you are already familiar with. This labeling will also allow you to use this training material as a handy reference. To help you identify and absorb important content quickly, each section is structured as follows
|Serves as a “focus question” that you should be able to answer after completing the section
|Describes specific content addressed in each section and focuses your attention on important points
|Provides the information you need to answer the focus question(s) and achieve the learning objectives
|Highlights important issues and helps you review
|Progress Check exercises
|Enables you to test yourself to determine whether you have mastered the learning objectives
|Progress Check Answers
|Provide feedback to ensure you understand the content and can locate information in the text
Upon completion of the Environmental Triggers of Asthma CSEM, you will be able to
|Overview of Asthma
|Differential Diagnosis of Asthma
|Environmental Triggers of Asthma
|Treatment, Management, and Prevention