ATSDR Public Health Assessment Process
During the public health assessment process DPH, with ATSDR guidance and oversight,
- Listened to, and make a list of, your health concerns.
- Collected and assessed environmental health data.
- Provided health education and outreach to the community.
- Will write two public health assessment reports
- Released the draft reports to the community
- Community members can provide comments on the reports.
- DPH addressed all comments in the final reports, and will include all comments in the appendix of the reports.
- Released two final reports.
- Provided a fact sheet during the public comment period to let you know:
- if you may be exposed to site chemicals
- if exposure happens how your health could be affected.
- Provided DPH with subject matter expert support.
- Reviewed, cleared and certified the reports before they are released for public comment and finalized.
ATSDR and DPH want you to be involved during the public health assessment process. We
- Informed community members informed about our activities through this website and via email.
- Answered your site-related health questions.
The public health assessment reports will be made available to the community when they are completed through this website and by mail or email, if requested.
The Health Assessment Process and your community
A 6-minute overview of the Agency for Toxic Substances and Disease Registry (ATSDR) and the ATSDR Health Assessment Process.