ATSDR Public Health Consultation Process
During the health consultation process DPH, with ATSDR guidance and oversite, will:
- Listen to, and make a list of, your health concerns.
- Collect and assess environmental health data.
- Provide health education and outreach to the community.
- Write two health consultation reports
- Release the draft reports to the community
- Community members can provide comments on the reports.
- DPH will address all comments in the final reports, and will include all comments in the appendix of the reports.
- Release two final reports.
- Provide a fact sheet that tells you:
- if you may be exposed to site chemicals
- if exposure happens how your health could be affected.
- Provide DPH with subject matter expert support.
- Review, clear and certify the reports before they are released for public comment and finalized.
ATSDR and DPH want you to be involved during the health consultation process. We will
- keep community members informed about our activities through this website and via email.
- answer your site-related health questions.
The health consultation reports will be made available to the community when they are completed through this website and by mail or email, if requested.
The Health Assessment Process and your community
A 6-minute overview of the Agency for Toxic Substances and Disease Registry (ATSDR) and the ATSDR Health Assessment Process.
- Page last reviewed: March 14, 2016
- Page last updated: July 14, 2016
- Content source: