Continuing Education Module 5 – Selection of Sampling Data
Public Health Assessment Training
The Public Health Assessment Training (PHAT) online modules are designed to increase knowledge and change competency of environmental health practices and strategies. The content of the modules is derived from the method used by the Agency for Toxic Substances and Disease Registry (ATSDR), which is known as the public health assessment (PHA), to evaluate exposure to hazardous substances.
At the conclusion of Module 5: Selection of Sampling Data, the participant will be able to:
- Define what sampling data are appropriate.
- Identify factors that affect data quality.
- Select the sampling data that are appropriate for use in the PHA.
- Define what a data gap is and how to address it.
- Determine if the sampling data for the Gala Lumber Company site are appropriate.
- Danielle Langmann, BS MS, Environmental Health Scientist, Agency for Toxic Substances and Disease Registry (ATSDR)
- Karen Scruton, BS MS, Environmental Health Scientist, ATSDR
- Liz Bertelsen, MPH, Senior Scientist, Eastern Research Group, Inc.
- Sandra M. López-Carreras MS, Health Scientist/Training Coordinator, ATSDR
Origination Date: June 25, 2020
Renewal Date: June 25, 2022
Expiration Date: June 25, 2024
Hardware/Software: Computer Hardware; Internet connection; Browser, Word, Adobe
Public health professionals involved or interested in the PHA process, including Environmental Health Specialists, Toxicologists, Epidemiologists, Medical Officers, Registered Nurses, Health Educators, Community Involvement Specialists, Health Communicators, and Program Managers.
Format: These modules are online, asynchronous, and self-paced.
Sandra M. López-Carreras MS, email@example.com, 770-488-0663
CEU: The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention is authorized by IACET to offer (0.2) CEU’s for this program.
CDC, our planners, content experts, and their spouses/partners wish to disclose they have no financial interests or other relationships with the manufacturers of commercial products, suppliers of commercial services, or commercial supporters. Planners have reviewed content to ensure there is no bias.
Planning committee reviewed content to ensure there is no bias.
Content will not include any discussion of the unlabeled use of a product or a product under investigational use.
CDC did not accept commercial support for this continuing education activity.
Instructions for Obtaining Continuing Education (CE)
In order to receive continuing education (CE) for WB4284 – Public Health Assessment Training, Module 5: Selection of Sampling Data please visit TCEO and follow these 9 Simple Steps before 06/25/2022, 11:59 PM (ET). Use the “WB4284” course number to search for this course.