Continuing Education Module 6 – Data Screening Analysis
Public Health Assessment Training
The Public Health Assessment Training (PHAT) online modules are designed to increase knowledge and change competency of environmental health practices and strategies. The content of the modules is derived from the method used by the Agency for Toxic Substances and Disease Registry (ATSDR), which is known as the public health assessment (PHA), to evaluate exposure to hazardous substances.
At the conclusion of Module 6: Data Screening Analysis, the participant will be able to:
- Describe the basics of the screening analysis used in the PHA process.
- Define ATSDR-derived comparison values (CVs) used for screening and list examples.
- Identify non-ATSDR screening levels.
- Define health guidelines and list examples.
- Identify the steps of the screening analysis.
- Describe ATSDR’s approach to selecting appropriate CVs.
- Identify contaminants needing further evaluation.
- Illustrate the screening steps using the GLC case study.
- Liz Bertelsen, MPH, Senior Scientist, Eastern Research Group, Inc.
- Danielle Langmann, BS MS, Environmental Health Scientist, Agency for Toxic Substances and Disease Registry (ATSDR)
- Karen Scruton, BS MS, Environmental Health Scientist, ATSDR
- Karl Markiewicz PhD, Senior Toxicologist, Regional Representative, ATSDR
Origination Date: August 15, 2020
Renewal Date: August 15, 2022
Expiration Date: August 15, 2024
Hardware/Software: Computer Hardware; Internet connection; Browser, Word, Adobe
Public health professionals involved or interested in the PHA process, including Environmental Health Specialists, Toxicologists, Epidemiologists, Medical Officers, Registered Nurses, Health Educators, Community Involvement Specialists, Health Communicators, and Program Managers.
Format: These modules are online, asynchronous, and self-paced.
Sandra M. López-Carreras BS MS, firstname.lastname@example.org, 770-488-0663
CEU: The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention is authorized by IACET to offer 0.2 CEU’s for this program.
CDC, our planners, content experts, and their spouses/partners wish to disclose they have no financial interests or other relationships with the manufacturers of commercial products, suppliers of commercial services, or commercial supporters. Planners have reviewed content to ensure there is no bias.
Planning committee reviewed content to ensure there is no bias.
Content will not include any discussion of the unlabeled use of a product or a product under investigational use.
CDC did not accept commercial support for this continuing education activity.
Instructions for Obtaining Continuing Education (CE)
In order to receive continuing education (CE) for WB4294R – Public Health Assessment Training, Module 6: Data Screening Analysis please visit TCEO and follow these 9 Simple Steps before 08/16/2024, 11:59 PM (ET). Use the “WB4294R” course number to search for this course.