ATSDR Brownfields/Land Reuse Site Tool
This Tool is a customizable, searchable site inventory and rapid site screening tool. Analytical sampling data is rapidly screened by the tool to highlight chemicals above comparison values used by ATSDR. This leads to a rapid assessment for site prioritization. Previous versions of this tool calculated exposure doses as well as cancer risk estimations. This tool no longer calculates either exposure doses or cancer risk estimations. The maximum concentration for each chemical and each media is compared against the relevant ATSDR comparison value. Exceedances are highlighted for further evaluation.
- New! Download ATSDR Land Reuse Site Screening Tool [Microsoft ® Access ®, 8.9 MB]
- New! Download Data Conversion Tool (for use with the Site Tool) [Microsoft ® Access ®, 2.8 MB]
If prompted, please select “Save” or “Save as” to save the file to your computer or network drive. Then double-click the downloaded file to launch the tool.
Why was the Land Reuse Site Screening Tool Developed?
- A survey of local health departments indicated a need for a system to:
- Provide searchable and highly customizable site inventory.
- Store records for public inquiry of sites.
- Respond to inquiries.
- Catalogue institutional controls, health concerns, violations, spills, contaminants, and emergency response events related to the property.
- Provide a “How To” guide to conduct a site visit.
- Evaluate analytical data (for exceedances of ATSDR Health Comparison Values) using the maximum values.
- Import and process laboratory data (10,000 data points per minute throughput).
- Site document repository: this tool allows attaching site photographs, diagrams, reports and other electronic files for rapid retrieval.
Who should use the ATSDR Land Reuse Site Screening Tool?
• Local Health Departments and those involved with Land Reuse sites may find it helpful. This tool is provided as a screening tool only to prioritize sites based on chemicals detected above ATSDR Health Comparison values. This information helps guide reuse planning for Brownfields Site. The results from this tool should not be used to evaluate communities that may be exposed to hazards waste or to make public health decisions about past and current exposures. If assistance is needed feel free to contact ATSDR (email@example.com).
Who should not use the ATSDR Land Reuse Site Screening Tool?
• While this tool can provide assistance with Land Reuse Sites, it should not be used by ATSDR health assessors for evaluating site-specific data associated with exposures in a community. ATSDR Public Health Assessments and Health Consultations require a much more thorough approach to evaluating these exposures which goes beyond the capability of the Land Reuse Site Screening Tool. If assistance is needed on evaluating sites please feel free to contact ATSDR (firstname.lastname@example.org).