Exit Notification/Disclaimer Policy
- This graphic notice () means that you are leaving the CDC Web site.
- This external link provides additional information that is consistent with the intended purpose of federal site.
- The Agency for Toxic Substances and Disease Registry (ATSDR), or the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) cannot attest to the accuracy of a non-federal site.
- Linking to a non-federal site does not constitute an endorsement by CDC, HHS, or any of its employees of the sponsors or the information and products presented on the site.
For more information on exit notifications and disclaimers for non-federal Web sites, the following resources may be helpful:
Reference in this website to any specific commercial products, process, service, manufacturer, or company does not constitute its endorsement or recommendation by the U.S. Government or ATSDR. ATSDR is not responsible for the contents of any "off-site" web page referenced from this server.
Endorsement Disclaimer - Pop-Up Advertisements
When visiting our website, your web browser may produce pop-up advertisements. These advertisements were most likely produced by other websites you visited or by third party software installed on your computer. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention does not endorse or recommend products of services for which you may view a pop-up advertisement on your computer screen while visiting our site.
The information provided using this Web site is only intended to be general summary information to the public. It is not intended to take the place of either the written law or regulations.
This site is maintained by the U.S. Government. It is protected by various provisions of Title 18, U.S. Code. Violations of Title 18 are subject to criminal prosecution in federal court.
For site security purposes and to ensure that this service remains available to all users, we employ software programs to monitor traffic to identify unauthorized attempts to upload or change information, or otherwise cause damage. In the event of authorized law enforcement investigations, and pursuant to any required legal process, information from these sources may be used to help identify an individual.
- Page last reviewed: January 5, 2011
- Page last updated: January 5, 2011
- Content source: Agency for Toxic Substances and Disease Registry