Links to a range of ATSDR documents, including “A Citizen’s Guide to Risk Assessment and Public Health Assessments at Contaminated Sites,” the “ATSDR Public Health Asessment Guidance Manual,” documents released for public comment, fact sheets, annual reports, newsletters, papers, and more.
Order copies of ATSDR publications, or call 1-800-CDC-INFO (232-4636)
- A Citizen's Guide to Risk Assessments and Public Health Assessments at Contaminated Sites Provides an overview of two different assessments commonly performed at hazardous waste sites. These are the risk assessment and the public health assessment; both are required for all sites-commonly referred to as "Superfund" sites-listed on the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency's (EPA's) National Priorities List (NPL).
- ATSDR Public Health Assessment Guidance Manual Provides guidance to new and experienced health assessors when performing the variety of tasks associated with the public health assessment process. Presents specific approaches, methods, and resources.
- Evaluating Vapor Intrusion Pathways at Hazardous Waste Sites [PDF, 882 KB] Memorandum [PDF, 98 KB]
Strategic Documents and Annual Reports
Reports and Reviews on Hazardous Waste Issues
- Analysis of Hair Samples Fact Sheet for Health Care Providers [PDF, 110 KB]
- Hair Sample Testing Fact Sheet for the General Public [PDF, 110 KB]
- Landfill Gas Primer
- Leading Change for Healthy Communities and Successful Land Reuse [PDF, 7.45 MB]
- Mercury Report - Children’s Exposure to Elemental Mercury: A National Review of Exposure Events