Links to a range of ATSDR documents related to hazardous waste sites, including those in the National Priorities List, also known as superfund sites.
- Brownfield/Land Reuse Health Initiative Publications and Fact sheets
Community health is an important part of land revitalization. ATSDR works to include health considerations in brownfield redevelopment and land reuse. ATSDR’s Brownfield / Land Reuse Initiative promotes health, community involvement, partnerships, communication and education.
- Conducting Health Studies at Department of Energy Sites Access Handbook [PDF - 700 KB]
For public health officials and DOE personnel conducting studies at DOE sites.
- Completed Exposure Pathway (CEP) Site Count Report
The CEP report focuses on documented exposure, and lists hazardous substances according to exposure frequency.
- Documents available for Public Comment
The public comment documents are provided to allow the public an opportunity to identify issues within the documents that are missing, incorrect, or are unclear as written.
Don’t Mess with Mercury
Resources to raise awareness of common mercury risks in schools among audiences within the school community.
- Environmental Health WebMaps
A geographic display of health information in context with environmental hazards, roads, political boundaries, schools, landmarks, and hazardous waste sites.
Epidemiologic studies that evaluate the association between exposure to hazardous substances and adverse health effects.
- Evaluating Vapor Intrusion Pathways at Hazardous Waste Sites [PDF - 9.35 MB]; Memorandum [PDF - 75.3 KB]
Designed for environmental health professionals, this document focuses on how to evaluate the public health implications of vapor intrusion.
- Landfill Gas Primer - An Overview for Environmental Health Professionals ( Historical Document)
This primer is designed to provide environmental health professionals with a general understanding of landfill gases and to help them in responding to community concerns that may be related to landfill gas issues.
- Public Health Assessments and Health Consultations
ATSDR documents that evaluate the potential for contaminants in the environment at a site that might cause people to suffer adverse health effects.