How to Use This Course
Course: WB 2460
CE Original Date: May 14, 2014
CE Renewal Date: May 14, 2016
CE Expiration Date: May 14, 2018
Download Printer-Friendly Version pdf icon[522KB]
Two versions of the PCB toxicity CSEM are available.
- The HTML version https://www.atsdr.cdc.gov/csem/polychlorinated-biphenyls/cover-page.html provides content through the Internet. This version offers interactive exercises and prescriptive feedback to the user.
- The downloadable PDF version https://www.atsdr.cdc.gov/csem/pcb/docs/pcb.pdfpdf icon [522 KB] provides content in an electronic, printable format.
To make the most effective use of this course:
- Take the Initial Check to assess your current knowledge about PCB toxicity.
- Read the title, learning objectives, text, and key points in each section.
- Complete the progress check exercises at the end of each section and check your answers.
- Complete and submit your assessment and posttest response online if you wish to obtain free continuing education credit. You can print your continuing education certificates immediately upon completion.
This course is designed to help you learn efficiently. Topics are clearly labeled so that you can skip or quickly scan sections with which you are already familiar. This labeling will also allow you to use this training material as a handy reference. To help you identify and absorb important content quickly, each section is structured in the following format.
|Title||Serves as a “focus question” that you should be able to answer after completing the section.|
|Learning Objectives||Describes specific content addressed in each section and focuses your attention on important points.|
|Text||Provides the information you need to answer the progress check question(s) and achieve the learning objectives.|
|Key Points||Highlights important issues and helps you review.|
|Progress Check exercises||Enables you to test yourself to determine whether you exercises have mastered the learning objectives.|
|Progress Check answers||Provide feedback to ensure you understand the content and can locate information in the text.|
Upon completion of the PCBs toxicity CSEM, you will be able to meet the objectives as outlined.
|Who is at Risk||
|Standards and Regulations||
|Treatment and Management||
|Patient Education and Counseling||