How to Use This Course
Two versions of the carbon tetrachloride toxicity CSEM are available.
- The HTML version provides content through the Internet.
- The downloadable PDF version provides content in an electronic, printable format, especially for those who might lack adequate Internet service.
The HTML version offers interactive exercises and prescriptive feedback to the user.
To make the most effective use of this course:
- Take the Initial Check to assess your current knowledge about carbon tetrachloride toxicity.
- Read the title, learning objectives, text, and key points in each section.
- Complete the progress check exercises at the end of each section and check your answers.
- Complete and submit your assessment and posttest response online if you want free continuing education credit. You can print your continuing education certificate immediately after course completion.
|Serves as a “focus question” that you should be able to answer after completing the section.
|Describes specific content addressed in each section and focuses your attention on important points.
|Provides the information you need to answer the progress check question(s) and achieve the learning objectives.
|Highlights important issues and helps you review.
|Progress Check exercises
|Enables you to test yourself to determine whether you exercises have mastered the learning objectives.
|Provide feedback to ensure you understand the content and can locate information in the text.
On completion of the Carbon Tetrachloride Toxicity CSEM you will be able to
|What Is Carbon Tetrachloride?
|Describe carbon tetrachloride (CCl4).
|Where Is Carbon Tetrachloride Found?
|Identify sources of carbon tetrachloride (CCl4) exposure.
|What Are Routes of Exposure to Carbon Tetrachloride?
|Identify the routes of exposure to carbon tetrachloride (CCl4).
|Who Is at Risk for Exposure to Carbon Tetrachloride?
|Identify who is at risk for exposure to carbon tetrachloride (CCl4).
|What Are Guidelines and Regulations for Carbon Tetrachloride Exposure?
|Describe current U.S. guidelines and regulations for carbon tetrachloride (CCl4) exposure
|What Is the Biologic Fate of Carbon Tetrachloride in the Body?
|Describe the characteristics of carbon tetrachloride (CCl4) metabolism.
|What Are the Toxicological Effects of Carbon Tetrachloride Exposure?
|Describe the toxicological effects associated with carbon tetrachloride (CCl4) exposure.
|Clinical Assessment – History and Physical Exam
|Describe what is included in the initial history and physical exam of patients potentially exposed to carbon tetrachloride (CCl4).
|Clinical Assessment – Laboratory Tests
|Describe tests that may assist with diagnosis of carbon tetrachloride (CCl4) toxicity.
|How Should Patients Exposed to Carbon Tetrachloride Be Treated and Managed?
|Describe treatment strategies for patients with carbon tetrachloride (CCl4) poisoning.
|What Instructions Should Be Given to Patients Exposed to Carbon Tetrachloride?
Describe instructions that can be provided to patients exposed to carbon tetrachloride (CCl4).
Identify two instructions for clinical follow-up.