How to Use This Course
Course: WB 2342
CE Original Date: December 5, 2013
CE Renewal Date: December 5, 2015
CE Expiration Date: December 5, 2017
Download Printer-Friendly Version pdf icon[916 KB]
Two versions of the Nitrites/Nitrates Toxicity CSEM are available.
- The HTML version https://www.atsdr.cdc.gov/csem/nitrate-nitrite/cover-page.html provides content through the Internet.
- The downloadable PDF version https://www.atsdr.cdc.gov/csem/nitrate_2013/docs/nitrite.pdf pdf icon[916 KB] provides content in an electronic, printable format.
The HTML version offers interactive exercises and prescriptive feedback to the user.
To make the most effective use of this course.
- Take the Initial Check to assess your current knowledge about nitrites/nitrates toxicity.
- Read the title, learning objectives, text, and key points in each section.
- Complete the progress check exercises at the end of each section and check your answers.
- Complete and submit your assessment and posttest response online if you wish to obtain continuing education credit. Continuing education certificates can be printed immediately upon completion.
This course is designed to help you learn efficiently. Topics are clearly labeled so that you can skip sections or quickly scan sections with which you are already familiar. This labeling will also allow you to use this training material as a handy reference. To help you identify and absorb important content quickly, each section is structured as follows.
|Title||Serves as a “focus question” that you should be able to answer after completing the section.|
|Learning Objectives||Describes specific content addressed in each section and focuses your attention on important points.|
|Text||Provides the information you need to answer the focus question(s) and achieve the learning objectives.|
|Key Points||Highlights important issues and helps you review.|
|Progress Check exercises||Enables you to test yourself to determine whether you have mastered the learning objectives.|
|Progress Check answers||Provide feedback to ensure you understand the content and can locate information in the text.|
Upon completion of the Nitrate/Nitrite CSEM, you should be able to
|Who Is at Most Risk of Adverse Health Effects From Overexposure||
|Standards and Regulations||
|Treatment and Management||
|Instructions to Patients||