Environmental Health Toolkits and Other Resources
An important part of the Agency for Toxic Substances and Disease Registry’s (ATSDR) work involves providing guidance and increasing the capacity of professionals in the environmental health field. Listed below are ATSDR toolkits and other resources.
- ATSDR Communication Toolkit (ACT). Community members are key participants in the public health assessment process, and effective communication is a critical part of fostering trusting relationships. ATSDR site team members’ use of ACT will help ensure that all communication is clear, relevant, and appropriate for the various audiences. Additionally, using ACT will ensure that all teams are providing consistent communication.
- TCE Animated Toxicology Toolkit (Tox-Tool). This tool helps explain some of the more complex concepts of environmental health and toxicology using familiar images and simple diagrams.
- Pediatric Environmental Health Toolkit. This environmental health training was developed for pediatric health-care providers, health educators, and other health professionals as guidance for pediatric patients and their parents or guardians.
- soilSHOP Toolkit. soilSHOP stands for Soil Screening, Health, Outreach and Partnership. This toolkit promotes health education and outreach events to help people learn if their soil is contaminated with lead and how to reduce exposures.
- Introducing ATSDR – Safeguarding Communities from Harmful Chemicals: A fact sheet discussing ATSDR’s process to prevent harmful exposures and promote healthy community environments.
- ATSDR Across the U.S.: A fact sheet that talks about ATSDR’s role in strengthening the environmental workforce of the nation.
- 2016 DCHI Annual Report: A publication about ATSDR’s Division of Community Health Investigations (DCHI) efforts to protect communities from the health effects of toxic substances.
- Public Health Assessment Process: Outlines the steps of ATSDR’s Public Health Assessment Process.
- Public Health Assessment Process Visual: A visual of ATSDR’s Public Health Consultation Process.
- Public Health Assessment Process Video: A 6-minute overview of ATSDR’s Health Assessment Process for communities.
- ATSDR Brownfield/Land Reuse Health Program Infographic: Information about redeveloping Brownfield and Land Reuse Sites to benefit communities.
- ATSDR Brownfields/Land Revitalization Action Model (ATSDR Action Model): Creates a framework to assess the impacts of redevelopment on public health, with a goal of achieving positive, sustainable improvements in overall community health.
- ATSDR Land Reuse Site Screening Tool: Evaluates multiple chemicals that exceed ATSDR Health Comparison Values.
- Don’t Mess with Mercury – A Mercury Spill Prevention Initiative for Schools: Resource materials that help teachers and students learn about the dangers of mercury and to take action for safer schools.
- Promoting Environment Health in Communities: Materials that convey the basic concepts of the environment, toxicology, and health to communities.
- Page last reviewed: July 7, 2017
- Page last updated: July 7, 2017
- Content source: