Cross-Sector Relationship Building
Working together across agencies and sectors is key to successfully protecting young children in ECE settings. Here are a few tips on starting and maintaining cross-sector partnerships    :
- Find core values between partners and agencies as a starting point.
- Build personal relationships, be flexible, and find a shared language.
- Have a well-structured partnering process with well-defined objectives, whether it is developing a workgroup, joining an existing reoccurring meeting, or developing something more formal, such as a memorandum of understanding (MOU).
- Persist. Multi-sector partnerships are not easy and can take time, but ultimately more can be achieved together than alone.
Appendix A lists resources for more information about cross-sector partnership building.
- Page last reviewed: August 25, 2017
- Page last updated: August 25, 2017
- Content source: