Chapter 4: Elements of Ensuring Sites Are Safer
This chapter discusses each of the four elements of safe siting in greater detail, building off the ATSDR definition of safe siting for ECE programs. For each of the safe siting elements, this guidance manual lists examples of
- Potential problem sites.
- Suggested actions to help identify potential problem sites.
- Potential partners and the support they might be able to provide.
- Sample policies to help guide siting of ECE programs.
Much of this information is similar across each of the four elements of site siting.
Four elements of safe siting to consider
- Former use of the site
- Nearby sites and nearby activities
- Naturally occurring contamination
- Safe drinking water
- Page last reviewed: August 25, 2017
- Page last updated: August 25, 2017
- Content source: