Guidelines for Analyzing Pretest Results
Remember these guidelines as you first plan, and then consider the meaning of the pretest findings.
- Write a clear statement of purpose prior to the pretest.
- Make sure that the questions asked relate to the purpose.
- Then use the purpose statement to analyze the findings.
- Consider what was found and what was not found; sometimes what is not stated by participants is very important.
- If the answers to some questions are unclear, consider more or different types of pretesting.