Have We Succeeded?
To help make adjustments, duplicate successes, and avoid repeating failures, you should plan for feedback and evaluation of your communication. This might include taking the following actions:
- pretesting of materials before they are printed or distributed
- handing out evaluation forms to get feedback after meetings
- debriefing agency staff after meetings or other interactions
- tracking news coverage
- asking for feedback from key people outside the agency on written
- materials, meeting agendas, and communication plans
- documenting communication efforts through up-to-date files and summaries
- summarizing lessons learned from communication efforts
- conducting rigorous evaluations on large-scale efforts.